Thursday 24 October 2013

McQueen-esque









dress - Julien MacDonald via Debenhams, watch - Casio, chocker - Topshop, boots - Dr Martens

So at 5"7, I'm taller than the average woman but I still feel a little iffy wearing midi dresses when I'm not wearing ridiculous, stumble-over-your-own-feet heels because I feel, well... stumpy. So I can only imagine how shorter people feel! However, there's a story behind this beautiful dress.

Every year, when I get exam results, my grandma insists on buying me presents as a kind of congratulations. On our traditional shopping day, first on the agenda was to go to Harvey Nichols and find my grandma a posh frock for a posh do. After trailing around and finding a few perfect dresses for her, I stumbled across an absolutely stunning Alexander McQueen dress which I couldn't get out of my mind as we walked around HN. We eventually played dress up and while she was changing into hers, I changed into this Alexander McQueen dress (click here). The dress was absolutely gorgeous, colour, texture, cut etc. and so I was persuading her for it (cheeky I know, being a dress over £700 but it would be a combined Christmas/birthday/congratulations present)... and she was coming around to the idea! We shopped around a little more in different shops for bits and pieces and when in Debenhams I came across this little number. Yes, ok... the design isn't as intricate and the red is more of a burgundy but at almost a tenth of the price, how could I resist? This one even fit a bit better. Being between a size 4/6 (bar the booty), the size small in the Alexander McQueen dress was just slightly too big but in my lusting phase I chose to ignore it. I'm so happy that I found this dress, it's absolutely beautiful and a steal compared to the McQueen version. I advise you all to go try it out!  

G xxx

ps. with the English weather, it's simply impossible to get good photo's! It's either raining or the sunlight is very awkward... and I'm not too great with a camera anyway! Sorry

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig