Monday 22 September 2014

LFW: 13th September

Here are my favourites from the 13th...

Daniela Barros

Daniela Barros delivered a collection focusing on a monochrome palette and geometric line prints, with a few cut out details added into the mixture. The minimal collection presents slouchy, laid back silhouettes in the form of dresses and jackets mainly but also culottes, crop tops and asymmetrical tops. I loved her experimentation with the length of her garments as the varying lengths made the outfits a little quirky and different, whilst also sexy as they showed a bit of skin. 

My favourite pieces in the collection, however, entered at the very end. The statement, over-sized clutches and backpacks in black and white were truly amazing and completely made the outfits what they were. I loved the idea of slipping my hand through a strap on the outside of the bag and it gave the bag a raw look. 















JW Anderson

Accessories seemed like they just hit the spot for me on the 13th. If you know me, you'll know I'm a huge advocate of hats... in any shape, form or colour and these overside sun hats in leather really were OTT but in a good way (OBVIOUSLY). According to a source, Johnathan Anderson said that he liked "the idea of a voyeur, that you had to look up into the hat to see what this woman was about." 

Nonetheless, the collection as a whole wowed. As already mentioned, leather was used in large quantities in this collection, from waistcoats to wrap tops, in a classy and subtle way whilst the too-long sleeved, white, asymmetric shirts, asymmetric sleeved dresses, oversized buttons and lapels that varied in size brought something french and bizarre to the collection. 













Marchesa

Whenever I read the word "Marchesa", I always find myself day dreaming about fairy tale weddings and other princess stories... Georgia May Jagger didn't disappoint and presented a collection of floaty dresses, full skirts, colourful florals and lace. 

Her collection was inspired by spring, as well as gypsies and although this is not my usual fashion taste, I can't help but appreciate the genuine beauty behind these delicate dresses.

As you can imagine, my favourite outfit from the show was the white, ruffle, plunge neck, knotted shirt and the sheer black lace combo which was a little racy as it showed a seductive looking lace bralet. 














Lucas Nascimento 

Probably my favourite of the entire day.  This collection's palette varies from navy to black to bright yellow with outfits also presented sporting tangerine, cream and blue hues.

The collection was clean, sharp and sophisticated, focusing on a "temporary reality". With beautiful tailoring on staple pieces for this coming Spring and Summer such as the anorak, long line waistcoats and palazzo trousers, Nascimento presents a completely wearable collection. I love the sheer mesh layers and the half-finished looking tops which seem to add a bit of "sexiness" to the collection be revealing some skin. Silk and raw-edged leather seem to be big for Spring and Summer, according to this show as well as colour blocking. 















Whistles

Proving that high end high street can rock it as well as the designers can, I bring you Whistles. The mixed men and women collection brought a laid back and easy to wear, predominantly monochrome collection to Kings Cross Station. I don't think there is one thing that I wouldn't wear from this collection if I'm being honest, especially loving the dress in the first image and the wrap skirt which doesn't completely close at the front but I'd wear all the collection day to day. 








(all photos from Vogue.co.uk)

G xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig