Monday 11 March 2013

hippy chic








Shirt - Zara gilet - monsoon jeans - topshop shoes - kurt geiger (I own other shoes, I promise) gold cuff - charity shop bag - Primark watch - diesel 

For mothers day, we did a number of various things which included going to a old mill called 'Salts Mill' and looking at all the lovely artwork and books on fashion, crafts and photography which I'm obsessed with! I also found some really useful books about how to make origami which is perfect for my textiles exam project - Oriental! Then we drove for nearly an hour to see the largest sculpture in england (or something like that) in the middle of the countryside, it was very nice but I was in these shoes, so unexpectedly having to walk (IN THE SNOW) through mud and stones wasn't ideal! Non the less, I did enjoy it! Then we treated my mother to bowling! I forgot my love for it!! I've improved since I last did it surprisingly woo! 

This look was inspired by the Yves Saint Laurent show during Paris Fashion Week. I loved the deep colours and the various textures that were used. It was the right balance between masculine, with tuxedo jackets and fitted trousers, and feminine, shown with frilly tops and floaty dresses and the pieces were extremely practical and hippy-esque. Here are a few of my favourite pieces: 



I MUST OWN THIS COAT SOME DAY. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig