Monday 9 February 2015

4 Layers. 4 Textures








faux fur coat - Whistles, leather jacket - Mango, jumper - Zara, vest - H&M, trousers - H&M, shoes - Dr Marten's, bag - L. K. Bennett, rings - market & Pandora, necklace - TheSerpentsClub.com



face: lips: Velvet Teddy (can't remember the lip liner) - think it had all come off by the time I took these photos anyway haha. 

So say hello to my new addition to my Dr Marten's family. I now have 6 pairs and the beautiful structured rucksack which I got for my birthday (I will be showing you it very soon!) and it's safe to say I basically never wear shoes other than docs about 99% of the time. The next pair will be the chelsea boots I think... but I currently can't afford ANY new shoes since I'll be going to Amsterdam for Valentine's Day on Thursday for a week and then a week after that, Berlin! So I've got a spending ban on (I doubt it'll last 24 hours.) 

In fact, the majority of the stuff in this post is 'new'. My leather jacket was a bargain I picked up in sales at the end of January when I went to London (I'll be queuing posts for whilst I'm in Amsterdam about my time in London.) £120 down to £60!!!! And it's real leather. Been waiting for the perfect one for ages, and although I wanted to invest in one from All Saints and Reiss etc., I didn't want to break the bank and when I saw this one, I fell in love! My beautiful midnight faux fur coat from Whistles (which makes me feel like royalty when I wear it) was one of the gifts from my mum. I am in love with it. I advise everyone who can get their hands on one (I realise they're quite sort after), to get one!! 

My necklace was a gift from my friends, I'm a big lover of crystals and after following The Serpents Club on instagram for ages, they took a few hints and bought me this beautiful piece. It's a little independent company and the girl who runs it creates the most amazing jewellery. I'm in awe of her talent. 

It's still a little chilly in England as we come out of Winter and enter Spring but we do get the sun shining and popping through the clouds quite a lot so it's all quite boring and I never know what to wear as I get too hot, then too cold far too much. Layers is the answer. I wore 4 layers on top, a jersey vest, a knitted jumper, a leather jacket and a faux fur coat. Wearing mainly black, this means I can take advantage of mixing textures, in this ensemble I mixed fur, leather, knit and denim! 

Gee xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig